Today, there are many substitutes to traditional braces that can increase the comfort, speed of progress, and aesthetics of your orthodontic treatment. The Damon® System is one such alternative offered by Johnson & Collins Orthodontics, which also has many sub-options that can make your journey to a straighter smile more enjoyable.
What Makes It Unique
The Damon® System is a clinically proven treatment approach that aligns teeth while enhancing facial aesthetics. This system utilizes different forms of tie-less braces that reduce pressure on your teeth, allowing them to feel more comfortable as they are pushed towards their corrected position. These braces are connected with memory-shape wires that move teeth more rapidly and require fewer adjustments along the way. Moreover, when being treated with the Damon® System, your orthodontist takes into account your specific facial profile, anticipating what you will look like in your 40's, 50's, and beyond so that your smile is developed properly.
Benefits of the Damon® System
- Treatment time is typically shorter than it is with traditional braces.
- Fewer appointments with the orthodontist.
- No tightening necessary.
- Gentle on teeth and mouth tissue.
- More comfortable than traditional braces.
- Works for patients of all ages.
- No headgear or tooth extractions in most cases.
- Easy to keep clean.
Types of Damon® System Brackets
Damon® 3 Brackets
The Damon® 3 bracket offers several benefits. It is made from stainless steel for stability and a clear material for aesthetics. The rounded structure improves patient comfort while maintaining overall performance. It uses a self-ligation technique that relies on lighter wires and lower friction to move teeth, resulting in faster treatment times. Additionally, its slide mechanism, strong mechanical base, bonding, and solid wall structure control tooth movement with speed and efficiency.
Damon® 3MX Brackets
Experience the extraordinary strength and performance of the all-metal Damon® 3MX passive self-ligation bracket. Part of the clinically proven Damon® System, the Damon® 3MX features a body of beautifully sculpted steel that elevates results and efficiency to an entirely new level.
- Passive self-ligation technology minimizes archwire friction, facilitating faster tooth movement.
- Award-winning stainless steel combines with metal-injection molding to create strength and durability.
- Easy-to-use slide mechanism with deep funnel and backstop allows for quick wire changes.
- Four solid walls make for fast, low-friction tooth movement and control.
- Smooth slot corners reduce binding even in severe deflections.
- Ultra-smooth contours and rounded edges provide maximum patient comfort and improved hygiene.
- Rhomboid-shaped bracket and pad with vertical scribe line allow for fast and accurate placement.
- Contoured base is designed for strong, reliable bond retention.
- Convenient vertical slot for removable drop-in hooks and other auxiliaries improves treatment flexibility and ensures patient comfort.
Damon® Q Braces
Damon® Q brackets are constructed entirely of high-grade stainless steel, making them strong and extremely durable. The brackets also have smoother, more rounded corners, which provide greater comfort and more pleasing aesthetics than normal Damon® brackets do. Furthermore, Damon® Q brackets feature removable gauges to help ensure your orthodontist places them in the perfect position.
Damon® Clear Brackets
Damon® Clear brackets combine the look and comfort that image-conscious patients demand, with the strength and functionality that they need. Their advanced, self-ligation technology with low ligation force minimizes frictional resistance for more efficient tooth movement. The brackets’ Polycrystalline alumina (PCA) material is resistant to stains from coffee, mustard, red wine and other agents. In addition, they eliminate the need for elastomerics, which can stain and collect bacteria during orthodontic treatment.
Embrace Your Future Today!
At Johnson & Collins Orthodontics, we are proud to offer the Damon® System as an orthodontic option for patients of all ages in the surrounding Bedford, Coppell, and Southlake, TX communities. To learn more about this, or other forms of treatment offered at our practice, don’t wait; contact us today.